Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Gold in the hills

The boys are really into pirates and treasure maps these days.  On this particular day, they randomly scribbled on paper and darted outside.  They would charge boldly wherever Carter directed until he planted his feet for them to survey their map and charge again. 


Eventually, they would come back in for another map and repeat the process.  They continued this for about two hours.  I was so glad they were content playing together...and outside most of the time, that I would have let the game go until kingdom come.


I still think some of the best I can give them is open spaces and open pockets of time.


And each other.


Yup.  I think there's gold in these hills boys.


You just have to know where how to look see.


There's plenty to be found out there.  Plenty for everyone.


There's gold in the hills...and just as much value in the finding as in the possessing.


There's gold in the hills.  I see it every time you walk out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment