Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: The Carter Family

My grandmother and every single one of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren on Thanksgiving.  Isn't that fun?  How often does that happen?  We got to spend "days and days" (Carter's words) together.  It was so nice to really get to catch up.  I am so grateful to have a family that is flexible, easygoing, and happy to sleep in whatever niche is available.  A family who is easy to please in terms of plans (even when they are...less than awesome...) and meals is one who can all cram into one house for a holiday and come away with a good time.  It's a rare and beautiful gift to have a family like this just given to me.


Also...they were willing to stand inside the barriers I drew in with chalk even though everyone was touching everyone and could barely breath because I couldn't find my tripod and had to use a carefully selected "chair on table balanced carefully with paper napkins wadded strategically" method.  Good, patient people, this Carter family.

I like these people...and I'm glad they are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment