Monday, December 14, 2015

Gotta write that down...

Carter to a random man at the park: "Hi! This is my sister.  I named her Bootleg!"

The boys were "sweeping" Andi's room.  Samuel said, "Andi, we are cleaning your room for you because it is SOOOOO dirty.  Please don't get your room dirty again."

Carter: "Andi I am SO proud of you."
Andi: Thanks Carter!  Why are you so proud of me?"
Carter: "Because you might get a snack for me at the grocery store!"

On a walk with Boo:
Carter: "You know what kind of water I have right now Boo?  I have sweat.  I have sweat water on my face."
After walking a little further:
Carter: "Whew!  It is hot out here.  I sure will be glad to get back home to my habitat!"

Boo was drilling on the ceiling in the basement, shaking the floor to the main level:
Carter: "Whoa! When Boo drills, it makes my whole self shake!"

Me, talking to Andi about some curriculum: "I don't know that I love it."
Andi: "Yes, I have always really disliked that curriculum too."
Carter: "You know, I've never even thought about curriculum!"

Samuel in a public restroom stall just after another lady walked into the stall beside us:
"Mama!? Do we have a neighbor?  Is there someone in that stall?  Ugh.  I don't know if I can do the work I need to do with a neighbor right next door!"

Samuel: "Mama!?!  Mama!?! Oh!  I thought you left me!"
Me: "Samuel, have I ever left you?"
Samuel: "Yes!"
Me: "When Samuel?"
Samuel: "In October."
Me: "Well, Samuel, where did I go?"
Samuel: "You went to outer space.  And I didn't like it.  It was NOT NICE OF YOU!"

After spending the afternoon helping me make Carter's birthday cake, Samuel said: "Mama, how did the sprinkles get on this cake?"
Before I could answer, he said, "Oh, I remember! The bakery made it that way!"

After sitting quietly through several books, Samuel said, "Whoa.  My legs are feeling a way I don't want them to...." (They had fallen asleep.)

After Halloween, Samuel was looking through the treat pumpkin for a piece of candy.  Holding up a candy, Samuel said, "Mama, is this a lick (sucker) or a snack?"

Getting out the nativity scenes:
Me: "Ok, and this is a Wise Man."
Carter: "The one who built his house on a rock?"

Running through the house one morning after days of rain, Carter yelled, "Mama, the sun has emerged! The sunlight is seeping through the clouds! Praise Jesus, I see the light!"  Later he prayed for everyone at breakfast and ended with, "And God, most of all thank you for the sunshine being here and the rain being gone." 

At small group, a friend asked to see Samuel's "moves."
Samuel: "No! You cannot see my moves.  I am all out of gas."
After thinking for awhile:
Samuel: "Ok.  You can see my song."
He started singing and then froze:
"Oh no!  If you hear my song, you're going to see my moves!"

All in the car waiting at a traffic circle that was totally stopped, all three adults were trying to figure out what in the world was going on.  After our conversation figuring out that a long red light was stopping the whole circle from moving, Carter piped up, "Hey! What's all the commotion?"

Seeing some friends from the window:
Carter: "Hey Mama!  There's our friends! Hmmm...Mama, what team are they?"
I finally figured out that he wanted to know what football team they liked the best. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment