Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Zoo Crew

My crew and I got to hop over to the Riverbanks Zoo last week.

Group pics...are hard.


The girls slept the whole way there...and the zoo was all but empty when we arrived.  I can't even tell you how much I struggle with crowds now that I am so accustomed to going places on weekday mornings.  Few things annoy me more than a crowd of more than five in a space....I feel completely entitled to having every place to myself.  I have almost become unbearably annoying about it.


We got to meet up with one of my dearest friends from college.  She's a kindred spirit in every way.  My littles sensed it immediately, and they all spent the day vying for her attention.  Even Ella reached to hold hands and be held.  



The boys got to feed the birds nectar from a cup...and then we all narrowly missed flying bird poop, repeatedly.



(Ella cheesin' so hard at Ms. Jessica)

(Then, pleased at the reaction she procured.)


We were the only ones around when they fed the penguins, so we got the best view of the frenzy.


Since it was so empty, the kids had more freedom to run off energy and explore without being as bound by handholding.  They relished the freedom.

And all four LOVED the carousel.  Ella preferred in mostly in my arms...but she liked it from there!





Carter saw this elephant and insisted we take a picture with the "Roll Tide Elephant."  Like I could turn that down.  



We got to see cousins for a late lunch and then the three littles slept the whole way home while Carter listened to an audiobook.  What a success!  A day outside, friends, good animals, and easy-going littles...best gift ever to start the holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment